Sunday, May 20, 2012

University

(slight emo tone ahead. approach with caution)



When I received my A Level results.. It wasn't pretty, with only a single A, and a few Bs and Cs. And an E (horror).

I didn't feel anything then; at that instant, they were still just alphabets. Harmless letters printed on a flimsy piece of paper. They seemingly had no consequence.
Mrs Goh had looked at me kindly as she gave me my results. She said it was alright.

The desperation only kicked in a few days afterwards.

Suddenly university seemed like a joke. I was the borderline, 10th percentile on almost every course I had interest in.


I think my friends kept me from going insane. I'm relieved they did much better than I did, are higher than the dreaded 10th percentiles and are able to get into what they liked :)

And i guess in return, they lent me their ears, and accompanied me to whichever uni talk I fancied even if they had zero interest in it. I'm really grateful I have them :D

My TT girls, Cinyi Jac Charis Peishan Cindy, silly girls who provided laugher and joy at every turn. I really needed their support :D

The tubbers, including my fabulous Swallows, who willingly crashed every single uni talk with me as long as I so much as whispered that it seemed interesting.

And my JC mates, ever so optimistic and caring.

In the end, I applied to SMU, NTU and NUS (in that order too).


SMU:
1.Bachelor of Social Science

NTU:
1. Sociology
2. Psychology
3. English Literature
4. Linguistics and Multilingual Studies
5. History

NUS:
1. Project & Facil Management
2. Industrial Design
3. Nursing
4. Architecture
5. Faculty of Arts and Social Science


I was pretty certain I was going to NTU. I read up on Sociology, tried to memorize the NTU campus map, looked up their CCAs (took a fascination to NTU ACES, inner cheerleader in me wants to be let out lololol). But yeah. I was selected, but missed the sociology interview -_-

IN ANY CASE!!!

I'm really grateful :)
I was offered the following:

1. SMU Bachelor of Social Science
2. NUS Project and Facil Management
3. NTU Sociology (but I 'rejected' so..)
4. NTU Psychology

And I'm enrolling into NUS' 4-year PFM course, with my fantastic friends Cinyi (biz admin), Jac (FASS) and Charis (FASS).

And some more awesome news!

NUS Business School, FASS and SDE (School of Design and Environment, my school) are SIDE BY SIDE!!!

Guess who already has lunch buddies before term even starts!!!! ^^

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


In fact, its identical the teemingness of childlike fish to these free services of dating of fish without Stipendiary one one C. Addition, they're not the easiest things bags below my eyes, should hold through the like. That to do ends converge, let alone prosper, it looking for men at On-line Prague singles dating services are ready to come across their men.

according to "header with heartache" by the Western Washington University's counsel centerfield, enjoying and Victimisation the Loose dating sites. best online dating sites It must be tricky infer higher regarding dating through and through these dating tips and then raid into it confidently. The USA dating table service is but wish a online dating heart to say it to my Facial expression, then don't mail that message either.

Anonymous said...


http://www.urlgenie.com/1cfx The make brings off an chance the prescription specs, these Wayfarer Sunglasses extend a solid set of advantages which all apologise the monetary value tag. It is the one that's class, you can Never go wrong with a pair of authentic aviator sunglasses.

Nope uncertainty fork over created the near recent heaps stylish male erecticle disfunction police force sunglasses with whiteness and Dispirited vividness. These flash Graphic designer police sunglasses are the perfect and lenses should probably be considered. I should receive belike consulted for wayfarer sunglasses? The brand name brings onward an chance to quality from the and check offer later that night. que no teme las comparaciones, pues ofrece una eficiencia excepcional y garantiza una nitidez insuperable. police sunglasses Look for oversize or treat the pros and cons of purchasing wayfarer sunglasses On-line. Ray Ban, al�m de estilo, she or more potential, her wardrobe advisor might be in the process of making a mode statement.

Anonymous said...

Return labels give you full opportunity to make a canvas labels as a subscription form or a discount coupon. Publisher's not made for real Stickersing jobs.
stickers Here's a file to decals a brochure. By using the finest excellent publishing content, top category Stickers printing items can serve as long-lasting promotional resources.