Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Js' Birthday Party (finally!)

Last Saturday was Jian Sheng's 19th Birthday Party!! Finally. Haha!

It was pushed back by a week cause the poor boy got duty/confinement/nobody wanted to replace him or SOMETHING in OCS so the original party two weeks ago became Kian Tiong's, cause only he managed to book out. Tee hee.

Moral of the story, NS can screw up plans and we can't do anything about it. Ah well.




I went to SDE's Admission Day in the early afternoon before meeting at the rest though. Initially, I was quite apprehensive... I had no one I knew in SDE!!! :( Thus began the long and lonely journey to NUS. 

BUT in a brilliant turn of events, a made (not one, but TWO) friends pretty quickly!! :D
I was on 96 from Clementi interchange to SDE when a girl, nervously clutching the SDE Admission Day letter (as was I) came up to me and asked if I was going to SDE and if I knew which stop we had to alight. 

Turns out she (Charmaine) is from PFM as well!!! Met a new coursemate on the bus, how lucky am I!!! :D

And so, armed with an accomplice and newfound friendship, we went to registration. The SDE seniors were amazingly chipper and high. They kind of remind me of my crazy self when I was greeting the JC1s on their first day at AJC. It was cool.

And then we bumped into her JC mate while queueing at the counter!! And in another stroke of good luck, she (Elizabeth) is in PFM too!! Second coursemate! It was a great start to the day.

I vaguely register one of the student reps to be extremmmmmely cheerful and (dare I say it) bimbotic even :O But in a good way! It was quite entertaining. Signed up for both the Faculty Camp and Rag Day (cheerleading time, woohoo!) without batting an eyelid and this concludes my eventful and optimistic 'first day' as an SDE freshman. :D



Met the rest for grocery shopping at Vivo (none of them know how to pick vegetables!!) and then it was Teppanyaki/Steamboat time! :D

Poor Choco was caged in the whole time cause Peishan is absolutely terrified of dogs. Poor girl literally jumped up to the closest chair available when Choco managed to 'escape' from his pen!! So no pics of Choco; he was whimpering in his secluded area the whole night :X



Most of the Teppanyaki-ed stuff was still raw :X 


It was still very fun though!! ^^


See the chicken wing? 
Chao da on the outside, still cold and slimy on the inside :X Haha! We gave up on the wings after awhile xD



Btw the Sundown shirt is freaking nice!!! Featuring Lawrence and a rare smile.


Val was feeding me the whole time *too lazy to grab food*


Hot favourite


Vii (whose furniture got destroyed!!) and birthday boy in the background!!!


Finally moved on to STEAMBOAT!! At least we can be sure the food will be cooked :O Haha!


We just threw all the leftovers into the steamboat and let it allllllll cook.


Leftover dessert (chocolate fondue)


Happy belated birthday JS!! ^^



It was a great gathering (as always!), I mainly just sat and waited to be fed ate and listened to the HILARIOUS stories the boys brought back from army xD More stories!! Thank god there were no ghost stories, just a lot of silly punishments and mishaps hehehe. Kian Tiong is still in field camp, and Val was pulling her hair out worrying for his safety while listening to all the field camp recounts haha!

Oh and, we also sat through the comical story of how Kaileun was knocked by a car!! Then he lay on the road yelling, thinking he had died o_o HAHAHA oh god I'm starting to laugh again xD



While I listened to their chatter over dinner, I also kinda started to notice the subtle differences in our NS boys.

Yenn Shen seems to have become more outspoken and comfortable. I remember my conversations with him were always short cause he never had much to say to me, but he's more open now I think.

Jian Sheng is more vulgar than ever before xD But he carries a certain independence/serious aura with him now, more so then the times when he was just fun-loving and active.

Darryl is more mellow, and seems more reserved too. I think it's a combination of maturity and serious-ness. He's kinda like a full-fledged adult! ^^

Kaileun is.... just Kaileun hahaha! He's as bimbo as ever I swear hehe but in a good way!! Still friendly, still happy, still the same Kaileun. But I think he is more like a 男人 now (heng ah) HAHAHA cause he's a little more chivalrous than his younger self now xD (Don't prove me wrong ah, KL.)

Then we have our hyperactive boys, Lawrence and Waichong, who have yet to enlist. And when they enter NS, who knows what subtle differences will occur.

So I guess... the changes are starting to show already.

But truthfully, I'm immensely grateful we're all still the same silly kids we were when we are together. :)
It's a great feeling, having a familiar bunch of faces to go back to when you know you have to venture out to see the rest of the world soon. It's comforting. Thank you, Tubbers ^^

You are all very special to me :)






-



I'm gonna get pretty busy soon I think! After signing up for Rag Day, they told us we'll be having many preps. Since Rag Day is in August (10 Aug, was it?), and Faculty Camp is 21 - 24 June, that means for pretty much the entire month of July, I'll be preparing for Rag Day!

Hope it will be a blast! :D

After the eventful Admission Day last Saturday, I'm kinda, kinda, looking forward to uni life :)

No comments: