Monday, August 26, 2013

Gratitude

Still not done reading The Secret, but it's already taught me a few things :)

Personally, I find that the lessons taught in the book are rather difficult because they mostly tackle issues relating to the mind.
And god forbid how skeptical I can be.

But I must learn to be more positive, and have faith that
the whole world is on my side, as long as I am true to the best that is in me.

-

Today I am going to list out a few things, off the top of my head, that I am grateful for :)

I am grateful that I have a loving mother, who would willingly shelter me from anything and everything bad and painful in the world. Who would want only the best for me and teach me all the good ways of life.

I am grateful to have a concerned father, who gave me a very privileged childhood and would still do little things like boil eggs and make porridge for me. I am grateful he and I share the same love for photography, because we really bonded over that unique little Ricoh camera.

I am grateful to have my sister, a trusted confidant and best friend since age 1, who would always, always be there for me, no matter the circumstances.

I am grateful that I have my popo, who dotes on me like her own daughter and showers me with unconditional love and advice in the best way she knows how. Without whom I wouldn't be able to enjoy the luxuries I currently have, and experiences I've had.

I am grateful that I have Angie yiyi, who I used to anger a lot while I was rebellious, but always forgave me and offered advice and also showered selfless love upon me.

I am grateful to have my Taiwanese side of the family, who showed me a different way of life and gave me many exciting and happy experiences in Taipei. A family that, despite its apparent downfalls, is still a warm and close to me, and would give me many more opportunities to explore that side of my heritage.

I am grateful for being half-Taiwanese, because somehow it has made me feel special (I am special!!) and I actually have certain physical traits of the Taiwanese.

I am grateful to be in university, because my abysmal results were really saying otherwise, but I managed to get a place in NUS, and I am very grateful that I am doing well in school.

I am grateful that I am in hall, because it has taught me many different things, gave me many new and beautiful friendships, and allowed me to really grow into a young adult, learn some independence and get rid of my ridiculous teenage temper-tantrums.

I am grateful for being able to somehow afford both university and hall fees. I really am so thankful for this.

I am grateful for having all my materials needs met and satisfied. I am a very, very privileged girl.

I am grateful for having a small frame. Despite being really short, it still sets me apart from the rest (I am special!! Again!!!) and I get the added perks of looking cute (hahaha) and being relatively light.

I am grateful for having joined table tennis in secondary school. It really opened up a world of opportunities for me; from forging long-lasting friendships, to being a fast runner (those were the days.... hahahaha) to having ball sense and being able to play other sports and not completely suck, to actually entering a sports hall and becoming a resident of use.

I am grateful for the brain that I have. It helped me get much academic awards, and has always been a logical, rational anchor to my otherwise wayward fantasies haha.

I am grateful for Cheng Jun, he who loves me very much and taught me many, many things :)

-

Oh man, there's waaaaay too many things that I am grateful for!! This is really a never-ending list :)
I really feel so thankful, blessed, and happy.

I am a very, very privileged girl.


What are you grateful for today? :)


No comments: