Tuesday, September 10, 2013

FoodBook: Chock Full Of Beans


So after much incessant whining for brunch on my part (hehehehe), Cheng Jun brought me to Chock Full Of Beans on a warm rather cold Sunday afternoon :D Yay!

The quaint cafe is situated in a cosy nook near Changi Village, but seemed a little bit small and squeezy in my opinion. It was a refreshing change of location though; all dem indie cafes be hiding at glamourous, usually-inaccessible spots these days *coughduxtoncough*

(While it does add to the thrill of treasure-hunting those gems out, sometimes, I just want to take a bus to eat some good brunch, dammit.)


My first ever Eggs Benedict! :)

I know, I know. Who on earth hasn't had an eggs benny before??
-raises hand meekly-

I got to try these yummy eggs at Chock Full of Beans! They were... good, but kinda small and mine took foreverrrrr to come :( The tables next to us got their eggs benedict a good 10 minutes before I did, making me more and more gian (for lack of a better word ahaha) while I waited.

But when it finally did come, I had to snap pics! :D The thick homemade toast was a good complement to the runny eggs, and the hollandaise - omigod. And this is totally not the star of the dish, but I actually really, really liked the side salad. Never was a fan of rocket leaves, but wow.

Eggs Benny are all the rage now, people are going crazy over the runny yolk, the fluffy whites, and the insanely delectable hollandaise sauce. (Omg I wanna learn how to make hollandaise sauce.) Just search #eggsbenedict on Instagram. NO, WAIT don't do it on an empty stomach!! My stomach's growling gaaah.

Cheng Jun had a whole platter to himself, but because it came before mine did, I kinda maybe probably ate his food.. ? HAHA. Not a fan of bacon & beans though :X

(in other words, I ate everything else)



It was also my first time having a flat white! As a self-professed caffeine addict, I usually only drink...
Starbucks.

HAHA I KID. Totally not your caffeine junkie, but I do like the occasional coffee - which university student can say otherwise?

Tried this cup after much egging on by CJ (did you see my pun muahaha), and it was really good!!! I kid you not. You must try the flat white when you're there. Super fragrant, super delicious, and the foam had just the right amount of bubbly. I personally like my coffee sweet, so I added about two satchels of raw sugar while Cheng Jun looked on in horror hahaha. Hurray for cute coffee art! I heard you can ask for customized art - totally gonna try asking for a cute, fat giraffe next time.


CHOCK FULL OF BEANS
Address Blk 4 Changi village road #01-2090
Singapore 500004
Phone 6214 8839
Opening Hours Tue - Fri: 11:00 - 22:00
Sat - Sun: 09:00 - 22:00
Taro Points Their aromatic, delicious Flat White! :)

-

This week, we're having e-learning, which essentially means we don't have to go to school (hurray!!!) but we still have to watch online lectures, go for online tutorials, and stay in pace with the rest of the class (booo...)

Unfortunately, I spent much of Monday doing nothing (yes, did you know you can actually do nothing?) and now I am behind time :( Three more online lectures to watch, and two more tutorials. Ahhhhh, but you can do this Cheryl!

And I have to do it before 8pm too, because I have dance tech class - eeeeep, where did my time go!! @_@

/abrupt end.

No comments: