Friday, October 18, 2013

Throwback Thursday: ☃

Throwback Thursday is a LIE.
I keep posting them after Thursday :( 

But, in my defense, I have been really busy with my assignments ahhhh. Five projects are due in the coming two weeks and I have been working my butt off. In fact my derrière should be pretty damn fine at the rate it's been worked.

  
Today's #tbt is about...
MAKING SNOWMEN!☃
Please excuse the cui face hehe

Yes, I'm still stuck in Japan 2010. HAHA I can't help it, my wanderlust is getting out of hand. I NEED TO GO OVERSEAS. 

That little white lumpy thing up there is my first ever snowman!! I know it seems really insignificant, but I was really, really happy the day I made it. You see lots of people building snowmen on TV, but when can you actually get to do it yourself?? It's a lot harder than it looks (rolling a small chunk in the snow certainly doesn't make it bigger - cartoons lie), but I was super pleased with how my first snowman turned out!! Isn't he cute. I gave him two pebble eyes and a twig for a mouth :3

In the previous Throwback Thursday, I talked about skiing at Rusutsu Ski Resort :D
Backtrack to the night before our ski experience, and we had just had a yummy buffet spread for dinner. We didn't want to return to our rooms yet and since there was no hot spring at the hotel (there were hot springs in almost all the other hotels we went to in Hokkaido!!), we decided to wander out of our hotel and take a quick look at the landscape.

Needless to say, the snow around us was, as always, breathtaking.

Sis and her pet rock snow

Adorable aunt Tammy, without whom this trip would not have been possible :)

Look at the pretty structures in the background! They were all fitted with LED lights and, against the dark winter sky, were nothing short of festive :) It was simple, but beautiful, and it made me quite envious that we can't have winter in Singapore.

It was cold...

Once again, with her pet snow

We had a great time frolicking in the snow and trying to make as many snowmen as we could. It was one of the more memorable parts of my Japan trip because it was so peaceful - free from time restrictions and schedules. It was also a very simple kind of fun which I'm sure we all enjoyed :D

We left Rusutsu with a bit more (rather deformed) snowmen than they had started out with.

No comments: