Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Traditions



All photos taken and post-processed by budding photographer Deshawn (and his tripod haha)! :)

-

Met up with some 1810ers for a Christmas lunch earlier in the afternoon! It was a small affair, six of us at Canopy @ Bishan Park for some yummy food and gift exchange :D 

I, of course, am not over my eggs benedict obsession and ignored the rest of the menu. Chek also gave me her fish roe from her eggs otaku plate! Not only did I have more colour on my plate (thus making it much more Instagrammable - sigh this is becoming an illness), but I also got salmon roe. Free, guys. Free roe. *rubs hands gleefully*

Canopy is an incredibly scenic place, and it was quiet, which is something you can hardly find in the hustle and bustle of the more popular cafes. The food was rather reasonably priced too (save the $21 pasta lolol), and it was really delightful to be able to spend a nice, cosy afternoon with old friends :) Too bad the service was... ugh. 


Went to town with CJ to do some last minute shopping after lunch!

I really love Christmas; everyone seems happier, kinder, warmer. It's as though the entire cold, cold population of Singapore learnt the meaning of the word "happy" and decided to spread it. I could see more smiles, hear more laughter, smell more food. The actions of selfless buying and gifting, as well as spreading cheer and merriment are incredibly powerful, and I really wish we could all be like this more often :) More smiles, more laughter, more happiness.

Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year. 

Merry Christmas everyone, and may you have lots of yummy food, meet lots of nice people, and spread lots of kindness!!!!! :D

No comments: